Our learning centres based on every campus have a dedicated team to support you with IT and computer skills, online research and assignment writing. The centres offer PCs and quiet study areas with free internet access and Wi-Fi. There is a comprehensive range of resources available to you, including books, DVDs and journals. Not only do you have access to materials on your campus, you can also access over 150,000 items from learning centres across all eight campuses within The Cornwall College Group via our online catalogue. You can also print, copy, scan and bind documents for final project work.
The learning centres are open Monday – Friday for you to use whenever you want, not just on your days of study. There is also access available during college holidays, relevant opening hours are posted on each campus.
The Learning Centres (LCs) offer a range of resources, facilities and support for your studies.
What is available?
A range of resources to borrow including:
• Books and e-books to support your studies
• Fiction books and graphic novels
• Magazines and journals
• DVDs and Audio CDs
• Study spaces for individual study and group work
• Computers, laptops and tablet devices to use in the LC
• Wireless internet access for your own equipment The LC staff can help you with:
• Finding and using books, ebooks and journals
• Support for developing your study and research skills, including using the Internet for research
• Help with using college computers and software including:
• Using Office 365 • Mind Genius for creating mind maps
• Read & Write Gold for developing reading, writing and research skills
• Avoiding plagiarism and creating references What do I need to use the Learning Centres?
• To borrow items (including laptops and tablets to use in the LC) You will need your student ID card
• To use the computer network You will need login and password details
• To print/photocopy or scan You will need your student ID card
Bicton Camborne Eden Falmouth Marine School Newquay Saltash St Austell Duchy Stoke Climsland Duchy Rosewarne
Useful Links Resources Search: webopac.cornwall.ac.uk Search all 130,000 resources on all our campuses
Your Virtual Classroom Student Portal (including Email and Office 365): apps.cornwall.ac.uk/StudentPortal Access to information about your course plus access to online office software and your email (which will be the main point of contact used by your tutors and the Learning Centres)
What? A set of activities or tasks to complete. Planned by your teacher, linked to your course. Often completed online.
Why? You learn and remember more when you are in control of your learning. You will develop study and work skills and independence in learning.
Where? This is likely to take place in the Learning Centre Who? You! You are in control but support from Facilitators in the Learning Centre will be available.